The 7 Lies of Data Catalog Providers
About the Paper
The Data Catalog market has developed rapidly, and it is now deemed essential when deploying a data-driven strategy. Victim of its own success, this market has attracted a number of players from adjacent markets.
These players have rejigged their marketing positioning in order to present themselves as Data Catalog solutions.
The reality is that, while relatively weak on the data catalog functionalities themselves, these companies attempt to convince, with degrees of success proportional to their marketing budgets, that a Data Catalog is not merely a high-performance search tool for data teams, but an integrated solution likely to address a host of other topics.
The purpose of this paper is to deconstruct the pitch of these eleventh-hour Data Catalog vendors.
Here are, in my opinion, the 7 lies of the Data Catalog vendors:
- A Data Catalog is a Data Governance platform,
- A Data Catalog can measure and manage data quality,
- A Data Catalog can manage regulatory compliance (GDPR for instance),
- A Data Catalog can query data directly,
- A Data Catalog can model logical architecture and business processes around data,
- A Data Catalog is a collaborative cartography and metadata management tool that cannot be automated
Discover the 7th lie by downloading our White Paper!
For more information or to offer feedback, email: [email protected] | Advertise With Us Copyright © 2011-2021 DATAVERSITY Education, LLC. All Rights Reserved.13020 Dickens Street, Studio City, California 91604 | 1 (310) 337-2616Terms | Privacy