The Essential Guide to Data Integration
About the Paper
Automated ELT just isn’t as well known as it should be, even to data professionals. Many organizations and professionals still work with on-premise stacks, build their own data connectors, and otherwise behave in ways that are not conducive to making full use of their data.
Competitive analytics starts with automated data integration. The growth of cloud data has created unprecedented opportunities to develop new products and pursue advanced analytics. The volume and complexity of this data, however, pose an integration challenge that few organizations are equipped to handle. Automated data integration helps businesses fully harness data to accelerate and improve strategic decision-making. In this guide, we survey the history of data integration, evaluate current solutions, and show you how to choose the best integration tool for your business.
Learning: The reader will learn about
• The evolution of the modern data stack
• Why data integration is even harder than it used to be
• How automation is crucial to modern data integration
• Building vs. buying a data integration solution
• Business and technical criteria for choosing a data integration solution
• How to implement a data integration solution